Trying to Eat Healthier over the Holidays? Here’s a Sweet Christmas Cookie with a Twist.
It can’t be the Holidays without a bit of gingerbread. Baking this family-favorite fills the entire home with the aroma and warm memories of Christmas. Soft, squishy and delectable, these best honey-sweet tasty treats are both good and good for you. These cookies are packed with natural, raw honey and natural molasses flavor. It’s milk and cookies with a bit of “Ho, Ho, Ho” mixed in.
- ½ Cup Butter
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup of MOUNTAIN RIDGE 100% Raw Honey or MOUNTAIN RIDGE 100% Raw Organic Honey
- 3/8 Cup of Golding Farms Molasses
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 4 ½ Cup Wheat or Spelt flour – (Remember, Sprouted Flour is Best) But Don’t Stress if You Don’t Have Any.
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Ground Cloves
- ½ Tsp Ground Ginger
How to Prepare:
- Cream butter, oil, natural honey & molasses in the mixer. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and spices in separate bowl.
- Add dry mixture to wet slowly until well mixed.
- Drop by spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet, or roll out into a sheet and use a cookie cutter for holiday-themes shapes.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then store in airtight container.
Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 10 min. – Ready in 25 min.
Did You Know?
Some might say that this recipe is priceless, and they would be correct. In ancient Egypt, citizens would pay their taxes in “honey.” So, honey really is more valuable than gold. Makes “cents” to me. 😉
Do you have another “Holiday Honey Recipe” in mind? Please send it to us at email@example.com and we may showcase your recipe in a future blog posting. All posted “Honey Love” recipe providers are added to our prestigious, “Honey Hall of Fame” page, where you will almost certainly receive praise and recognition from multitudes of honey lovers everywhere (or at least from members of our staff). (Please make sure to reference your sources.)